Women's Fund in Georgia (WFG) would like to announce a grants competition on "Development of intersectional feminist movement in Georgia" The program is financially supported by "Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA)".
The grant program aims to support the development of the feminist movement in Georgia and encourage the cross-movement collaborations.
WFG welcomes projects focused on social change, which in the specific competition means the following:
• Considering the principles of intersectional feminism
• Creating a safe space for feminist and queer activists
• Supporting/giving voice to the most marginalized groups
The priority areas of the grant competition are:
• Feminist educational initiatives (workshops, training of trainers, etc.)
• Legislation and policy advocacy and lobbying. Also, media/social media campaigns for advocacy
• Protecting the rights of marginalized groups
• cross-movement collaborations (feminist, environmental, labor rights, etc.) and/or connecting with different actors (self-governments of municipalities, state structures, etc.)
• Collective initiatives of feminists, women's rights activists, women's organizations/groups and their capacity building
• Creative initiatives aimed at the development and change of the women's movement, inter-cultural dialogue, solidarity and inter-movement cooperation
• Interventions aimed at empowering and protecting members of the feminist movement (introducing collective care practices, strengthening digital and physical security skills, etc.)
• Creating feminist knowledge through research and documentation.
Groups eligible to apply for a grant are formal (registered) as well as non-formal groups. The geographic focus of the competition is Tbilisi, as well as other regions of Georgia. WFG will support the projects which are implemented by women and where women are direct or final beneficiaries. Within this competition, priorities will be given to the coalition of women’s initiatives and formal groups.
Grant amount is 15 000 Euro (for each project); the duration of each project is 6-7 months.
The deadline for proposal submission is October 3, 2023. The final decision regarding the award will be announced before the end of October, 2023.
Proposals can be submitted by e-mail at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org